Friday, June 1, 2012

Mark of the Witch is finally here!!!

Well boys and girls, the day is finally upon us, Mark of the Witch is for sale! So very excited, thank you all for joining me on this crazy ride called writing a book. I hope you all fall in love with Jilly and William as much as I did. A special thanks to Melissa Chase for bringing Jilly to life on my cover. Also a huge thank you To Russ Turner of Russ Turner Photography for capturing my vision. Click the picture to purchase.


Excerpt:

“You may as well come out,” she called. “I know you’re in there.” Both girls scanned the trees for any trace of movement.

Finally, off to their left, a figure emerged from the thick brush. It was a man neither of them recognized. He was short and wiry, with bright red hair and freckles. Jilly thought he was almost too adorable to be afraid of. Almost being the operative word. He came to a stop about six feet in front of them and held up his hands in a gesture of peace.

“I don’t mean you any harm,” he said, reiterating the gesture. “I’m only here to set up a meeting between you and Sabine,” he said as he nodded his head in Jilly’s direction.

“And what if I don’t agree to this meeting? Will you mean us harm then?” she asked as she slowly rubbed her palms together. She felt the familiar reassuring tingle in her fingers.

“Sabine doesn’t want you hurt. She just wants to talk, but if I have to hurt you I will.” He walked a step or two closer. The look on his face was anything but friendly.

“I’d stay where you are if I were you,” Jilly said forcefully. “You really don’t know me.” She rubbed her palms faster. Her palms and fingers were glowing by now.

The man looked at her and shrugged before charging toward her. Jilly put up her hands and grabbed his arm; he went down fast. She kept a hold of his arm until she felt the warmth in her hands start to fade, and yelled for Caroline to make a run for it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats super excited!!! Love the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I hope you enjoy the book as much as I do

    ReplyDelete