Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Witchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory


From H. P. Mallory-the exciting author of FireBurn and Cauldron Bubble-comes her new paranormal romance featuring thesassy, self-deprecating witch Jolie Wilkins.

Jolie thinks she's seen it all, but lifecontinues to spring surprises. The latest shocker? She's just been crownedQueen of the Underworld. Jolie may possess a rare gift for reanimating thedead, but she doesn't know the first thing about governing disparate factionsof supernatural creatures. She can barely maintain order in her own chaotic personal life, which is heading into a romantic tailspin.

First there's sexy warlock Rand, the love ofher life, from whom Jolie is hiding a devastating secret. Then there's Sinjin,a darkly seductive vampire and Jolie's sworn protector-though others suspect heharbors ulterior motives. As the two polar opposite yet magnetic men vie forJolie's affection, she must keep her wits about her to balance affairs of stateand affairs of her heart. Overwhelmed, under pressure, and longing for love, Jolie decides it's time to take charge-and show everyone that this queen won't take jack.

Ok, let me start off by saying, I love this series. H.P. Mallory has such a way with words, she has created a unique world filled with amazing characters. That being said, this was my least favorite in the series. The flash backs between the previous stories and this story were really irritating. I know why she did it, and I don't blame her, but for those of us who have read the previous books, it was not fun to get a history lesson constantly. I also didn't really enjoy the journal entries, it felt like we missed big chunks of the story, and then were told about it in a rushed sort of way.
Ok. my negative comments are done, now on to saying what I did like about the story. The Jolie/Rand/Sinjin love triangle is fun, I kept second guessing myself about who I wanted Jolie to be with more. Either choice would be fine, they're both total hotties lol. I felt bad for Jolie, being forced into a life that she didn't chose for herself. I still don't completely trust Mercedes, especially after the end of the book. I can't wait for the next book to be out so I can find out what happened, the little taste of it I got at the end of the book wasn't nearly enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! This sounds like a fun and easy going book to read! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete